With the understanding that a Happy New Year begins with the changes we determine to make in ourselves, Dear God, in 2018 help us all:
- To be open to new experiences with You,Your Son and the Holy Spirit.
- To be open to learning something new from Scripture each time we read or hear it.
- To have intimate “visits” and prayers with You throughout the day remembering that You are always present.
- To live each minute in 2018 as if it is our last minute here.
- To be intentional about our faith walk and have a plan on where we each want to be spiritually.
- To be intentional about our relationships and have a plan for each for the future.
- To always keep in mind where we are going and whom we are following.
- To make a concerted effort to say only positive, encouraging statements to others.
- To really want to treat others as we want others to treat us under the same circumstances.
- To be mindful that each interaction with others creates memories and influence that can last forever. Help us to ask ourselves: How do we want to be remembered? How do we want to shape eternity for others and ourselves?
- To be ready and willing to share our blessings with persons needing a blessing themselves.
- To push pride aside and be ready and willing to accept blessings from others who want to share their blessings with us.
- To be ready and willing to share our hope and faith with persons needing hope, support and encouragement.
In Christ’s name we ask this.
Written by Larry M. Barber, LPC-S, CT author of the grief survival guide “Love Never Dies: Embracing Grief with Hope and Promise” available online at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Love-Never-LPC-S-Larry-Barber/dp/1613796005 ), Barnes & Noble (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/love-never-dies-lpc-s-ct-larry-m-barber-ct-larry-m/1104364890?ean=9781613796016).
The grief survival guide is also available in Spanish as “El Amor Nunca Muere: Aceptando el Dolor con Esperanza y Promesa”
Both English and Spanish versions are available for Kindle and Nook. Larry is the director of GriefWorks, a free grief support program for children and their families in Dallas TX http://grief-works.org.